Wednesday, October 30, 2013

OTAKU review: "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" (MANGA)

Storyline: 7
Characters: 9
Art: 10
Overall Rating: 9

Since I still haven't  reviewed a single anime or manga just KPOP I decided to review one of my favorites - "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!". I decided to review manga and not anime, because manga just ended and I don't exactly remember the last time I watched the anime. Lets start with the storyline -
I don't think that the main plot is original. It's very cliche - rich guy who is denied his inheritance falls in love with a poor girl, at first she hates him, but then she starts liking him when suddenly her sweet childhood friend appears and she finds out that he is still in love with her. That's almost the plot of every drama. I think maybe I should have given the storyline even lower rating, but those little details and plot twists make up for the quite annoying (but still loved by me) cliche plot. Manga manages to be funny and sad at the same time (and that's a sign of quality for me). And usually on stories with this kind of plot at the end everyone acknowledges their relationship, but here at the end we still can see that even after 10 years the grumpy grandpa still stays mad and looks at Takumi just as his doctor. Until the very end the head of the Walker family doesn't even look at him straight just like like he did after he was born. And I really did love the ending witch doesn't happen as often as I would like.
I think that most characters were well thought out and with good background, but there were few random ones, or just characters that served no purpose in the story. I liked that Misaki hated guys because she had a good reason to ( if my father would leave the house leaving a huge debt for us , I would hate every single guy as well) and not because she just hated them... (I watch a lot of Asian dramas as well, so usually if girl hates guys it almost always is explained this way - "I fell in love with him, but he betrayed me, so now I hate every single guy around the world..."). I liked that Takumi was perverted, but not to over the top. Though I think that even main characters had many flaws, but I also think that they compensated each others flaws as well.
I don't know what should I tell about the art besides the thing that I liked it. I don't think that I will ever be strict with the art, because even though I like to draw, I'm not an expert in this field and as long as I like it the ratings gonna be 10. Actually I always look into characters eyes when I need to decide if I like the art or not. Somehow I feel that they are the most important.
So it's my first anime/manga review and I really don't know if I did a good job, but I'm now watching few animes and reading few mangas that I really like so far, so as soon as I finish them I'll try reviewing it and I hope that I'll do better.
acknowledge
acknowledge
acknowledge
acknowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment