Monday, October 28, 2013

KPOP review - "Trouble Maker - 내일은 없어 (Now)"

Music Video: 10
Song: 10
Overall Rating: 10

So when I heard their first single "Trouble Maker" I really didn't like it. I liked the beat, but I hated the performances and M/V. It seemed to me that Cube Ent. only wanted to sell Hyuna's body and not her musical abilities. Also most of the people seemed to know Hyunseung as 'the guy that was with Hyuna in Trouble Maker'... I was really dissatisfied with Cube Ent. and sub-unit and I really didn't expect something like Now.
First when I saw that they released new song I was like "Well it won't hurt to check it out..." and how I love the choice I made! The song turned out to be amazing! I heard it just yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. I'm actually even listening to it right now. I think this song showed Hyunseung and Hyuna's almost perfect singing ability. I liked that Hyuna went for lower notes most of the time because they fit perfectly for her voice. And I know that Hyuna's actually a rapper, but I like her singing a lot more than her rapping. I think she should sing more.
M/V wasn't your typical K-POP M/V as well. They weren't IDOLS, they were just normal (and extremely good-looking) people that were in love. They showed the side of their life where they party, and then self absorbed world where the only thing they care about is each other. And I loved that they weren't just dancing in a box set isolated from the outside world (but I did appreciate their great dance cuts) they were in club, then puking or suffering terrible hangover. I loved how Hyunseung was standing in front of the mirror and the Joker make-up would be on his face and then disappear every time that your attention would be focused somewhere else.
I think for the most people it seems to sexual, but I think that they did wonderful job balancing 'artsy' and 'sexy'. And that Bonnie and Clyde ending was just perfect.... I want to hear more of stuff like this from Trouble Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment