Tuesday, October 29, 2013

KPOP review: "김재중 (Kim Jaejoong) - Just Another Girl'

Music Video: 9
Song: 10
Overall Rating: 10

I actually love Jaejoong. He's one of my favorite artists out there. And I have huge respect for JYJ. I think it took really a lot to go against the system. I even feel as if when they were in DBSK they were more like just entertainers and idols, but now they're true artists. Just few months ago I was still listening to his song "Mine" non-stop. He's my bias from JYJ, even though I love others just as much, but Jaejoong makes my kind of music. I love that rockish feel that most of his songs have.
The song is addictive. It just grows on you. When I heard it first all I thought was "It's a nice song..." but nothing in particular stood out to me. After I listened to it a second time for next few hours I would unexpectedly just start singing "You're just another girl~~~" (if my parents would've been home they would've thought that  I've gone crazy). I loved the lyrics as well. They were quite original in my opinion. Most of the songs say things like "Baby I can't live without you" or "You're the best thing that ever happened to me" but in this song it's just put as it really is - "Don’t blame me and leave; Cause you’re just another girl". There's a lot of fish in the sea. A lot of girls and most of the songs want to put it in a way where you seem to be some kind of hero or something. I loved that the lyrics were more realistic than most of the songs that I've heard. Just like always Jaejoong's voice was one of the richest and most beautiful I'll ever hear. Also this song wasn't as aggressive as "Mine" was, but you could still feel that vibe in some places.
But I didn't like the M/V as much as the song itself. There was a lot of those oddly lit boxes that I hate. I loved the beginning  it promised that there will be some kind of story line and then BOOM box set. I don't have anything against that box where he sings with a band behind him playing, but the one where he just stands and sings..... It made it look like he's isolated from the outside world and I never appreciate those kinds of M/Vs. I loved that he was wearing clothes that you could see someone wearing while walking on the street. Sometimes those super flashy outfits just distract you from the M/V and the song itself. While I really did hate the box set, I loved those short cuts where it seemed that he was outside or at least in a room where, from the looks of it, someone could live. I loved the ending, Jaejoong even looked kinda creepy there.
Overall I loved the song and M/V (at least for the most of the part). I can't wait till there will be the whole album out so I could get it. I have his first mini album "I" on my phone and I love listening to it. I would also like to see another M/V from this album...

No comments:

Post a Comment